Sunday, December 23, 2007

One Solitary Life

I love this quote and I just wanted to share it with everyone...I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

One Solitary Life....
He was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another obscure village, where he worked in a carpenter shop until he was 30. Then for 3 years he was an itinerant preacher. He never had a family or owned a home. He never set foot inside a big city. He never traveled 200 miles from the place he was born. He never wrote a book, or held an office. He did none of the things that usually accompany greatness. While he was still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against him. His friends deserted him. He was turned over to his enemies, and went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed to a cross between two thieves. While He was dying, his executioners gambled for the only piece of property He had – His coat. When He was dead, He was taken down and laid in a borrowed grave. 2000 years have come and gone, and today He is the central figure for much of the human race. All the armies that ever marched and all the navies that ever sailed and all the parliaments that ever sat and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as this “one Solitary Life.”

2 comments:

Mindful Mothering said...

Hi Linda,

I'm so glad you said hi! It has been so long... Your boys are adorable :-) So, you know how it goes with boys... It will be fun to check in on your little family! That was a great quote. Merry Christmas!

Sarah

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Hey Linda!! I was just thinking about you the other day when my kids asked me who my favorite teacher was and I said one who taught me history and was over me in student council...and then it lead to thinking of all the people I got to rub shoulders with when I was in it. I was so glad I took your advice and tried out even though I was scared of "the speech" anyway lots of great memories! So how are you guys doing? You guys have such a cute family! You will have to tell Jared hi for me, it is so fun to see you guys after so long! Where are you guys living...the Valley? What have you guys been up to? We need to just e-mail eachother...sariahjean@comcast.net.Do you ever talk to Jori? We live here in Spokane and have plenty of rainy days :), it is alot like Eagar with the snow and Mountains, just not as much sun. Anyway you will have to e-mail when it is good for you, this will be fun keeping up with you guys...I love blogs!! Take care! Sariah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...