Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Nathan was invited to be on the Arizona team for the Schoolboy National Duals. They take place in Indianapolis, Indiana. Now, I don't think of myself as a helicopter mom, but Nathan has never traveled without me. So I was kind of nervous to let him go. 

Then guess what happened. He got sick. So my kid is around 1500 miles away from me and he's sick. He sounded so little when he would call me and check in. But, he got better and went on to wrestle three or four exhibition matches. He only won once, but he had a great time and learned so much.

As a bonus, on Sunday the team went to a water park. He had the time of his life.

I am grateful that my boys have these opportunities. My boys are lucky to have some amazing coaches who are great at teaching them not only wrestling skills, but life skills as well.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...