Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Such A Dirty Little Secret

Nathan has been home sick for the last two days. He has a pretty bad cough and a fever of 103. But, like most times when you are sick, there is about an hour when he perks up and is happy to report that he is feeling better.

That is what happened yesterday and so I decided that he would be okay for 20 minutes while I ran to Marketside to grab some more juice and soup for him.

When I came home he was messing with the mini-fridge in our TV room. I told him it was off because it is empty. He gave me a crooked little grin and said, "No it's not empty, and I just turned it on."

I looked at him and asked him what was in there.

He again gave me a very guilty grin and said "Nothing."

I just looked at him and he shifted from foot to foot for a couple of minutes and then he said very quietly, "I'm just conducting a science experiment."

I kept looking at him. (He's horrible at keeping secrets....he ALWAYS yields to the pressure.)

He finally confessed that while I was gone he got a ziplock bag and peed in it. He then placed the sealed bag of pee in the mini-fridge's freezer, because he wanted to see if pee froze. (I guess I am thankful that he didn't put it in our big freezer with all of our food.)

I couldn't believe him! I just started laughing (and dry heaving a little) and shook my head.

It must be the 103 fever right?

Ugh. Boys.

5 comments:

Michelle Connolly said...

Oh my word!!

Trevor Whiting said...

That's pretty awesome. You must be quite cool to put a bag of pee in the freezer . . . or a rattle snake that you ran over one night. Sounds like Nathan's a chip off the ole block.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

I think I'm reconsidering this whole betrothal thing and all. ;)

Cicily said...

Note to self: Thomas Bigelow may convince my child to pee in a bag.

I love this story.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Boys are a different breed aren't they! That is too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...