Monday, February 28, 2011

Let Me Get You A Dictionary

So the new Sports Illustrated is out. It is the Swimsuit Edition. We were sent about a million of them, so we set up a display at the customer service desk.

No biggie right?

Well, the other day we had a mom walk by and stop and complain about the prominant location of our display. She went on and on about how she was so offended that she had to look at that smut and she was upset that a family store like ours would even make a display using that magazine. She complained that her child (who is six months old) is being forced to look at pornography. She went on and on and on.....

In my head I was thinking "Alright! Enough already."

But I just smiled and assured her that I would take down the display.

So, I set about my task. I took the stack of magazines to the back room where they will stay on the shelf until it is time to send them back because there is no way we're going to sell that many issues of SI Swimsuit Edition. (But that is a totally different complaint).

Now, normally the "drama" would end there and I wouldn't even have an interesting story to tell. Except that when I went back out onto the bookfloor, I found little Miss Grumpy Complainerpants sitting in the kids sections BREAST feeding her daughter.......WITHOUT ANY COVER!

That's right people.

I wonder if she knows the meaning of ironic?

3 comments:

Down in the Sun said...

That is too funny! Maybe if they were bf mommies on the cover she would be okay with it!

Rogers Family said...

LOL! I once had a mom just pop her girls out and strat breastfeeding her baby during our parent/teacher conference! Talk about awkward!!

Michelle Connolly said...

Oh my word!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...