Friday, February 5, 2010

Does That Make Me A Hypocrite?

I am continually giving Jared a hard time about the fact that he speaks without thinking. He never tries to be mean, he just doesn't think about how some things he says sound to other people. It is pretty funny, and I must confess that I am guilty of this little problem myself.

When I worked at the credit union, my fellow employees would tell stories about the things that I would say to customers without thinking.

Like the time I told a cute guy that I loved him... {It just slipped out and my face was red for like an hour}

Or the time I was in drive-thru and was singing my little heart out and I told the customer that he had a great voice...{I meant to say it to my co-worker}

And today, I did it again.

All of the cashier computers lock when they've sat idle for about 3 minutes, and you just have to log back on. Sometimes I don't notice that it's locked and I'll start to scan books, only to look up and see that my computer was locked and I have to start all over. I usually just say "Oh, sorry! My computer locked me out." or "My screen turned off'...so I need to start over..."

but...

Today, I was a super genius and decided that I was going to mix it up a bit...

Of course I was scanning items for a man when I looked up and noticed my computer was locked. Here's what I said...

"Oh! I wasn't turned on, but I am now so we'll just start over."

I really didn't realize how it sounded until he started laughing and said, "OOOKKKAAYY" {He drew it out just like that}

I gave him a kind of confused expression and I ran what I said back through my head a couple of times.....

Then I got it.

I was SO embarrased.

He just laughed, and said, "It's okay. I have that effect on lots of women."

I could have died right then.

I think I should read from a script from now on.

8 comments:

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

HILLARIOUS! I too had some funny drive thru moments. . . ;0) but my best was when I worked at Panda's frozen Yogurt in high school. I answered the phone " Kristy's Frozen Yogurt, this is Panda speaking" I am such a NERD!

smartalec said...

That is headed toward my dictionary of fabulous pickup lines.

I mean, as long as it's okay with you if I use it.

I really think that one line could do wonders for my social life.

Annell said...

Hilarious! You are too funny.

Ginger said...

Okay Linda, that was too funny! I love your stories.

jake and jenni said...

Was he at least attractive or were you shamelessly hitting on an ugly guy? It makes a difference. He might come back...

Lucinda said...

Wish I could have been there to capitalize on the situation!

Evon said...

You crack me up! I love your stories.

Elena Vaughn said...

That's my Linda! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...