Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Hate To Break It To You

So I was just blog stalking and I read a blog entry from my friend Jenni about the differences between boys and girls. She contrasted how the boys behaved one way during family home evening and the girls another. (I would put a link but her blog is private.)

Now, she made one comment that got me thinking and inspired me to write this post.

"You may look at these lists and say...'well, the girls are older and the boys are young and learning.' {I agree...kinda}"

Yeah, it has nothing to do with age and everything to do with BOYS!

My boys are roughly 6-7 years older than her boys. The following are things that I have said to them during FHE:

"No. It is not appropriate to read the scriptures in a chipmunk voice."

"Please do not wrestle during the lesson."

"Please do not answer another question with 'Burp' or 'Fart'."

"No we are not going to sing the wrong words to the song."

"Please don't punch your brother for looking at you."

"No, Dad is not going to help you re-enact Laman & Lemuel beating up Nephi."

Those are just a few of the most recent.

So...buck up Jenni! It just gets more fun from here on out! ;)

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Maybe it's a good thing I only have one boy (hee,hee). I read Jenni's post too. Too funny you guys!

Mandy said...

That is Hilarious! Those are some cute little guys too! I love the pic at the top. You can just see the naughty wanting to come out...I love it~!!!

jake and jenni said...

Why didn't you warn me? You knew me before I concieved...Friends don't keep secrets like these.

I guess they are cute...really cute...cute enough to burp and fart and wrestle...whenever they please.

Dang-it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...