I've never understood why people enjoy running. It always seemed so boring to me. I love playing team sports. You know, working together, helping each other out, etc. I never thought of running as a competitive sport. But, since my sister has moved in with me she talked me into registering for the Race for the Cure. This was a 5K run which is 3.2 miles. I balked at first, but then decided to do it with her. I have always seen the commercials for the Race for the Cure, how people say it is so emotional and so fun. I was always very skeptical. However, I had so much FUN! I now get it. I'll admit that it was hard at first because I kept pushing myself really hard so that people wouldn't pass me. Then I understood that running is a competition with yourself. I had my goal and that is all that mattered. So my goal was to run the 5k in one hour. Well, I finished it in 40 minutes, so that was awesome, and my other goal was to not get passed by any women out there pushing a baby stroller. Well, I only got passed by one stroller and she apparently was mega runner because she almost won the race. It was a great experience for me and now next up is the PF Changs Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon in January.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Running Around In Circles
I've never understood why people enjoy running. It always seemed so boring to me. I love playing team sports. You know, working together, helping each other out, etc. I never thought of running as a competitive sport. But, since my sister has moved in with me she talked me into registering for the Race for the Cure. This was a 5K run which is 3.2 miles. I balked at first, but then decided to do it with her. I have always seen the commercials for the Race for the Cure, how people say it is so emotional and so fun. I was always very skeptical. However, I had so much FUN! I now get it. I'll admit that it was hard at first because I kept pushing myself really hard so that people wouldn't pass me. Then I understood that running is a competition with yourself. I had my goal and that is all that mattered. So my goal was to run the 5k in one hour. Well, I finished it in 40 minutes, so that was awesome, and my other goal was to not get passed by any women out there pushing a baby stroller. Well, I only got passed by one stroller and she apparently was mega runner because she almost won the race. It was a great experience for me and now next up is the PF Changs Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon in January.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great picture!! You two are amazing.
Way to go! You look like you are having a lot of fun. My goal is to do a 5K in the spring with my neighbor.
I hope that you are doing great. I like the ideas of blogs because you can still keep in touch and although email is easy....this just might be easier. We will have to see!
Post a Comment