Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Best Things About Thomas

Thomas is a character. Those of you who are lucky enough to spend some time with him know that you never know what he is going to say or do. Here are a few of my favorite sayings and stories about Thomas.

When the Phoenix Suns lost to the Spurs last year in the playoffs, Thomas was livid. He felt that the Spurs did NOT play a clean game. We were at the mall a couple of days later and he asked if I would buy him a new Suns shirt. Since the season was over, they were now on sale so I said okay. The salesman asked Thomas if he was going to wear his new shirt to a Suns game. Thomas told him...."Yeah but not until next year because they lost to those Damn Dirty Spurs!" I pulled him right out of the store......

Thomas loves Johnny Cash. His favorite song for awhile was Folsom Prison Blues. When the Schmerfelds moved to Nevada he was pretty sad. One day he asked if we could go play at Maya's house. I explained to him that we couldn't because Maya had moved to Reno. I don't think we had ever mentioned the town that they moved to because Thomas looked at me in shock and said "Mom? Did Danny shoot a man in Reno? Just to watch him die?"......


"Here mom....I made you a love cake"




I have been trying to eat healthier. On Mother's Day, Jared was gone to church for some early meetings. Thomas and Nathan woke me up and told me that they were going to make me breakfast. Thomas asked if I would like some fruit loops. I told him yes, but just a little bit because I am trying to be healthy. He ran off downstairs and was soon calling me down to breakfast. When I got there, the table was set and my bowl was filled to the top with milk and there were four fruit loops floating on top.....

2 comments:

A mom and her boys! said...

cute stories. i particularly liked the one about the fruit loops at the exact moment i was reading i was stuffing my face with a bowl of them.

Annell said...

I love the Thomas stories!! I've never heard the fruit Loop one before. Gotta love that kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...