Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm So Glad We're Humble

Yesterday, we spent the evening with the Notos. Just playing games and visiting and waiting to ring in the New Year. Around 10 p.m. though, I told the boys that we needed to go home because I didn't want to be on the road with all the crazies. So we gathered all of our things and left.

As we were driving home, Thomas asked what I meant by not being on the road with the crazies. I explained to him that New Years Eve is a holiday where many people tend to drink and drive so I really didn't want to take any chances on driving later when everyone would be leaving their parties.

He was quiet for a moment and then he asked me if I thought drinking was a big temptation. I decided to be honest with him and I said it could be. It all depends on the person. But in my opinion, there are two things that are major tempters for teenagers. Drinking and sex. And so they needed to be extremely conscious of those two things so that they didn't give in to those temptations.

He thought about that for a minute and then let out this huge sigh of someone who is heavily burdened with something.

Mom: "What's wrong honey?"

Thomas: "I was just wishing I was ugly."

Mom: "Why would you wish that?"

Thomas: "Because then I wouldn't have all those temptations."

Mom: "I don't understand what you mean."

Thomas: "Well, I figure that when you are handsome, girls are going to try to get you to drink with them so that you'll get drunk and then they can get you to have sex with them. But, if I was ugly that wouldn't happen. Because no one wants to have sex with an ugly person."

2 comments:

jake and jenni said...

Us gorgeous people have a hard road to walk. Uhhhhh.
Hang in there Thomas, you can make it. Good looking and all!

ps. way to go on the the building of awesome self esteem Linda!!!!!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

Watch OUT ladies! Your Thomas is going to be a major HEARTBREAKER!
p.s. This made me laugh so hard I was crying! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...