Friday, July 2, 2010

Will There Be Extra Credit?

A few Sundays ago, on Father's Day, one of the speakers at church was talking about Abraham. He was talking about the verse where God commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son Issac. The scripture says that the next morning Abraham got up and took Issac to be sacrificed. He began to wonder about the night before, whether Abraham got any sleep that night and how he may have felt knowing what he was going to do the next morning.

I looked at my two boys who actually looked like they were listening to the sermon. I admit it. I was kinda proud. I thought...."Finally! My boys are getting so mature!"

Nathan caught my eye and I smiled at him.  He leaned close to me and whispered...

"Wow mom. I never even knew Abraham Lincoln had a son!"

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey, he WAS listening! Too funny.

Annell said...

That kid! I can't stop laughing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...