Thursday, April 8, 2010

Daddy Day Care

At this very moment, I am hiding out in my computer room listening to the ruckus downstairs. I am laughing so hard I just may pee my pants. So, please forgive me if I make major spelling or gramatical errors.

The Schmerfeld kids are over at my house while Annell is teaching LPM. Jared noticed that Ethan had a poopy diaper so he sent Maya and Nathan over to get a diaper and some wipes. They came back and Jared began yelling for me to come downstairs. I yelled back that I was busy. (I really wasn't but I knew what he wanted) So, then I heard Jared yell for all the kids and he told them it was time for them to learn how to change a diaper. (He really dislikes changing diapers. I think it is because he hasn't had to do it for about 6 years now.)

Thomas drew the short stick and all the other kids had to sit around and watch. Thomas opened the diaper up and all I heard was a bunch of groans and Thomas saying "Oh Ethan. That is just WRONG."

There was a bunch of giggling and Jared trying to instruct Thomas on how to wipe a bottom. Then Ethan said clear as a bell...."I'm poopy!" That had all the kids rolling on the floor. Then there were a bunch more groans, some gagging and "Eeewww"'s and laughter. This diaper change seriously took about 15 minutes.

Maya started laughing and said "Hey Thomas. Now you can babysit Ethan all by yourself!" Thomas replied, "I ain't watching this kid until he's potty trained!"

When they were all done, Jared made the younger kids go throw the diaper out and then there was a mad rush to wash their hands like you wouldn't believe. I thought there was a herd of elephants running through the house. They didn't even have to be told to wash their hands with soap!

That is when Thomas and Maya informed us that they will never change another diaper again.

Lesson learned.

When Dad calls for help.....run the other way.

4 comments:

Annell said...

I'm still laughing...

Ginger said...

Gotta love those "teaching moments".

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

HAHAHAHA! Too funny! You are a smart one staying upstairs!

Lucinda said...

JOY!! JOY!! JOY!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...